[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.4 released - easier than ever!

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 23 21:18:37 CEST 2010

Hi Zachary,

Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC wrote:
> It would be helpful if you could give us some constructive feedback as
> to specifically where, besides the bit about coffee on the home page,
> the text of the introduction package is not "decent and attractive"

Oops, it shows that English is not my first language. A bit longer
explanation:

I was responding to a surprisingly passionate discussion about caffeine,
the health impact of an innocent suggestion to have a cup of coffee and
the question if TYPO3 should be associated with unhealthy habits which
seem to be connected with programmers.

The word "decent" was meant to be related to "decency", morally
acceptable, etc.; I now see that it can be understood as "having
sufficient quality".
Please read the part as "... write some morally acceptable, yet
attractive texts ...". The conclusion that "have a coffee" was not
morally acceptable resulted from reading the long posting I replied to,
it's not my personal opinion. Coming from a rather liberal country when
it comes to drinks and other "stimulants", I personally would not have
been offended if the text told me to grab a beer or enjoy a joint (both
of which I don't do) :-)

My sincere apologies if my words offended you in any way. I really tried
to write something else. I very much appreciate the efforts (big or
small, in any form) everybody made who contributed to TYPO3; writing,
proof reading, designing, reporting bugs, testing things, programming,
anything.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert