[TYPO3-v4] Announcing TYPO3 4.4.0RC2

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Jun 21 19:32:29 CEST 2010

Hey everybody,

yes. I see your points, however I feel that the current version in trunk
is pretty stable, and the fixes we got in after RC1 and RC2 are minor
(from the severity point of view), so we're good to go.

I have four major sites already running with 4.4 (two of them are live),
and my editors have complained about some things, but they have gotten
in the RCs.

I always played around with the idea of postponing it, but I feel like
we could postpone it again and again, and at some point we need to make
a stand, and go for it, giving it a shot as it is right now.

So: Final is gonna be tomorrow. Hope you can live with that decision.

All the best,
Benni.

PS: There will always be bugs :)