[TYPO3-v4] Shortcuts -> Bookmarks

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 1 20:51:19 CEST 2010

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> maybe we should postpone this to 4.5, where we can tackle all the naming
> issues for the whole backend in general? Hopefully we can change labels
> then because the Translation Server / TER is able to handle it then.
>
> Also, what about naming it "Favorites"? ;-)

Dilemma: in <= 4.3 the icon is a 'shortcut' and the label is 'shortcut'.

If the label text would be changed (and not an extra label added) then
<= 4.3 would feature a 'shortcut' icon with a 'bookmark'/'favourite'
label text... How confusing!

OTOH if the label text would be the same for 4.4 and the icon is changed
to a 'bookmark' / 'favourite' that would also be a confusing situation :-S

The only way out IMO is to add new labels...

> I also don't like the naming "mayMakeShortcut()" and then call it
> something else in the labels, btw...

That's easy, but we all know how to do this...

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl