[TYPO3-v4] While making a modern PageTree...

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jul 26 14:07:33 CEST 2010

Hi!

bernd wilke wrote:
> The problems are sites where pages with identical names in different
> branches exists. especially if there are a lot of pages.

Yes, that may happen is some cases, just like with files. In that case you
follow the path to the file :) You do the same with pages or you use the
search. Just showing the number will not help you if the page with this
number is somewhere deep. It will also add more information for users who
do not need it. We use TYPO3 actively daily since 2003 and we never used
page numbers.

> I would like to to have the pagenumbers be seen by default, as I enable it
> in every installation.

I am against it. I do not want to to make page tree more crowded.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member