[TYPO3-v4] Flash Uploader + TCEForms

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed Jul 21 16:58:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 14.07.10 18:55, schrieb Jeff Segars:
> Hey guys,
> Has there been any discussion about adopting the Flash Uploader from
> Filelist for use in TCEForms?  I know Andreas Wolf has his huge project
> refactoring t3lib_tceforms and maybe it falls under this but I hadn't
> heard any specific mention of it.
>
> Seems like a nice candidate for 4.5 though.  Anyone else have thoughts?

That's a great idea! However, the flash uploader has some drawbacks if
user authentication by .htaccess files are used. The flash uploader
cannot use the stored auth-info of the browser and thus won't get access
to webserver at all. There once have been problems with HTTPS as well, I
don't know if that still exists.

Thus, having a possibility to enable the flash uploader as an
alternative is great, but replacing the current old-school upload is
not. Maybe that was obvious before, I just wanted to clearify that again
to everybody... ;-)

olly
--
Oliver Hader