[TYPO3-v4] Deprecation might be to restrictive

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Jul 11 11:15:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

with this example [1] i thought about the deprecation log.
In this case the function t3lib_iconWorks::getIconImage is not used in
core anymore.
However i don't think that we should deprecate it, extensions might use
this function, and we can't expect that all extension authors will use
sprites for extension. So in my eyes this method is still a valid way to
get an icon if no sprites are used.
Don't forget, that all usages from extensions will flood the deprecation
log. Eg Templavoila doesn't use sprites yet, and this extension is heavy
in use.

Please share your opinion, thanks.

vg Steffen

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14467