[TYPO3-v4] Hide icon in listview in 4.4 has change

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Fri Jul 9 07:07:01 CEST 2010

Am 08.07.2010 22:31, schrieb Patrick Gaumond:
> On 2010-07-08 15:38, François Suter wrote:
>
>>> I'm the first who think it was misleading from the beginning but that
>>> means every screenshots made before 4.4 will contradict the new image.

ALL Screenshots will contradict 95% of icons and look and feel changes

>> You know all screenshots have to be made anew anyway, so I don't think
>> that this is such an issue.
+1

> But there are books... my own training material... 7 years of telling
> people that those buttons are "actions" and not "states"...

the actions have been the little overlays on the icons
and by the way: all books and training material relate to special
versions. If we never would be allowed to change anything because it's
written anywhere we just could stop TYPO3 development

> Who can tell us it was a "decision"? Jens?

It had been a decision. At least several versions had been tested during
developemnt of 4.4.

If you have problems with the icons you may change them. It's easy, jsut
register you skin and exchange the css classes.
But for shure: you will confuse your editors more, if your TYPO3 does
not behave as documented or other TYPO3 installations.