[TYPO3-v4] Swift Mailer is coming for v4.5...

Reinhard Führicht rf at typoheads.at
Fri Aug 27 14:39:18 CEST 2010

Am 2010-08-27 13:32, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:
> Hi,
>
> here is my concept so far, I would like some comments on that before I
> start implementing it:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v45-projects/wiki/SwiftMailer
>
> This will turn out to be a whole new API for sending mails using TYPO3
> (starting at v4.5).
>
> There is still more functionality left in t3lib_htmlmail which should be
> migrated to other utility classes later, but this is not the scope yet
> of this new API.
>
> I would love to hear from extension developers that are using
> t3lib_htmlmail currently, on what else we would need on that area of
> generating and sending emails.
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

Hi Ernesto!

Sounds promising.
I tried to set up an interface for a Mailer in Formhandler.
Here is the result. Maybe it helps you.

interface Tx_Formhandler_MailerInterface {

	public function send($recipient);

	public function setHTML($html);
	public function setPlain($plain);

	public function setSubject($value);
	public function setSender($email, $name);
	public function setReplyTo($email, $name);
	public function addCc($email, $name);
	public function addBcc($email, $name);
	public function setReturnPath($value);

	public function addHeader($value);
	public function addAttachment($value);

	public function getHTML();
	public function getPlain();

	public function getSubject();
	public function getSender();
	public function getReplyTo();
	public function getCc();
	public function getBcc();
	public function getReturnPath();

}

I currently use this as a wrapper for t3lib_htmlmail and once started
writing a wrapper for SwiftMailer too. I you are interested, I could
search for this wrapper in my archives.

Regards,
Reinhard