[TYPO3-v4] install tool bashing

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Aug 25 14:14:39 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 24.08.2010 20:08:
> hi,
>
> while testing alpha1 i stumbled again over the finish screen of 1-2-3
> install.
>
> What i forgot to mention in screenshot: change password link also links
> to normal mode, so 3! links on this page, all different names, all same
> target. See yourself

I agree that this ending screen on the 1-2-3 wizard is optimal yet.

1) "skip this wizard" below is obsolet, as the user is already through
the wizard. This should only come during the steps and not at the end.

2) "Change the install tool password" (link) and the "default admin
user" (admin/password). It should be like in the Introduction package,
where you can set both passwords at once in one step of the wizard. This
is also what most web-installers do.

3) Provide a link to to delete ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file right from that
step. Why direct the user to FTP or the Shell or some other place?

4) "Visit the Frontend" link is stupid, as there is no template yet. So
the result would be "No Template found" error message. Not a very nice
welcome to the CMS, right? In the intro-package it is ok, because the
frontend already looks very nice. But on a regular 1-2-3 installation it
does not.

Points 2+3 could be on a same last "Step 4" (Secure your installation),
like in the intro package. I think we can borrow some ideas from the
introduction package, as the usability of it is much more streamlined.
Compare yourself:

http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/typo3-installer-steps/

Notice the last step, only one link! Of course with "dummy" we should
link to the backend and not the frontend.