[TYPO3-v4] Webservices for TYPO3

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Fri Aug 20 19:38:24 CEST 2010

Hi Fernando,

On 19.08.10 23:17, Fernando Arconada wrote:
> Olivier, the concept of typo3_webservices it is far from the one
> presented here, although both ideas try to play with webservices.
>
> typo3_webservices:
> "The extension provides a XMLRPC service that allows external
> a2pplications to create, read, update and delete arbitrary records of
> tables that are defined in TCA. "

I should probably change that description, since it only describes what
currently is already possible, not what could be possible, with this
extension.

> typo3_webservices is just a CRUD for TCA tables, a web router is useful
> to have human readable urls and a base to publish any kind of webservices
> (specially RESTful), not only a CRUD

Can you give some examples what you want to achieve (besides CRUD) which
such kind of webservices?

As I also already wrote in a different thread, the difficult part of
creating a webservice for TYPO3 is making a concept what can/should be
done with a webservice and how the datastructure has to look like when
getting data from and posting data to the webservice. Implementing human
readable URLs for a RESTful interface might be nice, but can easily be
done on top, when having the big an complicated part in place.

At least that is how I see this topic.

Regards Helmut