[TYPO3-v4] Highlight extbase extensions

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Tue Aug 17 14:12:05 CEST 2010

Hi!

Am 17.08.2010 14:04, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:
> To be honest as I came back to Extbase after having letting my activity
> on it sleep for a while, I don't think I'm currently quicker with
> Extbase than with pi_base. I'd say it's more or less the same.

You want to say that you working the same speed with so many more years
more experience in pibase? ;)

Of course I am way slower with extbase than with pibase BUT the big
advantage is for me: Extbase extensions follow the same structure over
and over:
* No time wasted to find if something can be configured with TS, just
use settings.fo
* No time wasted to see where the templates are
* ...

> BUT I recently lost
> lots of time figuring out whether I did something wrong or whether
> Extbase had bugs. And the later was the case.

Yeah of course there are bugs and of course there are nasty ones but
there so many of those if you just want to use the normal backend too ;)
(#15401, #15278)

> But I still consider Extbase being really great and something I
> personally bet on.

+1

Georg