[TYPO3-v4] TER presentation

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Aug 16 23:01:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

there are a lot of ideas what to show with extensions on typo3.org.
To fulfill these requirements keep in mind, that all infos (ext_emconf.php)
* analyzed in EM, filled in array and sent to TER
* TER receives this array via soap, analyze the info and fill a table
with that info.
There is no ext_emconf.php transfered or packed with extension!

So any enhancement in this area needs some steps:

* patch core to use more infos with TER transfer
* patch soap configuration file to match the new information
* patch TER exzension to read the new information
* save the new information in the table (table has to be extended)

My idea is to use
* serialized data in the table so we are unlimited for new information
in future
* use a simple configuration for extra data so the soap configuration
don't has to be changed each time

I want to show you what all depends on any change in this area. So it
does not make sense to add now a little portion, next time the next
portion a.s.o. BTW any interested devs for helping in this area are
welcome, just give me a note.

Further i would like to discuss which informations you would like to
add. Please think well about your suggestions, it would be cool if we
get a result out of this discussion, or at least a concept.

vg Steffen