[TYPO3-v4] Motivation for making patches or how to speed up the review process

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 09:45:33 CEST 2010

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> it works not - BT has the option to spent money. I solved some of these
> bugs but never got the mony.

I did a couple of times. Here is some points to consider next time:
- if donation offer is more than a couple of months old, forget it
- when you fix the bug, contact the person, who offered the donation. They
do not get automatic notifications

> Open Source lives from the enthusiasm of the devs. Money makes life
> sweet but it also smells.

I'll see how much of your enthusiasm will be left in 2–3 years :) I was
like you a couple of years ago...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member