[TYPO3-v4] Motivation for making patches or how to speed up the review process

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 16:17:05 CEST 2010

Hi!

Francois Suter wrote:
> What about a right to submit new patches? For every patch that you
> review (reading & testing) you gain 1 credit to submit a patch. Without
> credits, you can't submit new patches. This could help balance reviews
> vs submissions.

So if I make a couple of indexed search patches, I will not be able to post
them unless I have enough reviews. This means these bugs will stay unfixed
for another couple of years in the official TYPO3 SVN. Does this sounds
right? ;) Think about it. I already put effort into making a patch,
debugging and testing. Now I need to earn a right to post that patch. Huh?
Not motivating at all, sorry :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member