[TYPO3-v4] Moving predefined settings out of the core

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:28:14 CEST 2010

Hi!

Susanne Moog wrote:
> while discussing bug #11316 on the core list the idea came up that it
> would be a good idea to move some of the predefined settings out of the
> core.

What about making a new small (sys)ext for 4.4 and 4.5 only with all these old settings? Most people do not use them, so we can strip them to make the core more slim. If anybody needs them, he can install a (sys)ext.

> Which settings?
> - stuff like the predefined background colors of the table element or
> the file links (Black, White, Dark Grey, Silver, Color1 and Color2)
> - the default frame elements (Ruler before / after, Indent, Frame 1,
> Frame 2)
> - the layouts of e.g. file links (Layout 1, Layout 2, Layout 3) [and
> give them speaking names while we're at it]

+1

> Move where?
> - to CSS styled content / the static templates extension

I do not really like to throw all old stuff from one core place to another. Old stuff should be removed, not moved from one corner to another :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member