[TYPO3-user-registration] sr_feuser_register Problems with usergroup selection on EDIT

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Thu Feb 17 13:10:58 CET 2011

Hi, Jan.

> - I cannot manage to unset the requirement of selecting a begroup at all.
> I need a solution that allows to deselect all groups.

You mean 'fegroup', right?
TYPO3 works in a way, that FE-user should be a member of at least one group,
so, I guess,  sr_feuser_register makes not possible to diselect all groups
due to this restriction.

> - If I send the edit form with any combination of user group selection no
> selection is send to the server. I always get an error stating that I
> should select a user group.

Can't say, what is wrong here, but try for a test case to make different
pages for all kinds of activity: create, edit, confirm. Right now all of
them are on page with id '779'. I don't remember, if sr_feuser_register
allows managing all kinds of activities with only one plugin record or you
have to create 3 different separate plugins.

Also you may see, what is coming to server, by using hooks.
registrationProcess_afterSaveEdit is your friend - try to debug incoming
data within this hook, an, maybe, you can find a reason.