[TYPO3-mvc] Repository does not always insert values

Wim wim.roukema at home.nl
Wed May 20 16:40:00 CEST 2015

Hi Kris,

Your findings are not exactly the same as I have.

I call an action from Typoscript as part of the http request. In that action a row is inserted and the fields have content.
After the user selects an option on the screen, an ajax request (eid) is made and the content is read. No problem.
I repeated this over and over (made an ajax request, refresh the screen, made an ajax request and so on) and it keeps working correctly.

The ajax request seems not the problem to me, so far.

After a period of inactivity (I don't know exactly how long, but more than a quater of an hour) and I make an ajax request, then the content is empty. After refreshing the screen, a row is inserted, but without content.

Clearing the cache, stopping/starting the server, nothing helps. Only reinstalling an extension.

The alternative, working with a pagetype, is not what I want. The action gathers information about availability, outside Typo3. So, the less Typo3 overhead the better.

A solution is, insert and retrieve the rows myself with the database connection in $GLOBALS. I did so in my first solution (and there was no problem at all), but I want to use the repository functionality of Extbase.

Greetings,
Wim