[TYPO3-mvc] Harmonization and Streamlining of CMS Fluid and FLOW Fluid

Claus Due claus at phpmind.net
Wed Mar 25 14:51:01 CET 2015

> Why should they be all in "f"?, IMHO registering more "default" namespaces
> would make much more sense. Or does this already work (then it seriously
> lacks documentation)?

This works in the standalone Fluid I created. You can programmatically add
all the namespaces you want - simply make a custom ViewHelperResolver
and enable it to return your namespaces.

To answer your other question: yes, it's sort of like a factory for ViewHelpers
but does a bit more than that - also governs namespace/class mapping and
will let you replace or modify the arguments each ViewHelper can use. This
includes overriding their default values! ;)

> I always wondered what happened to all those GSoC projects. Almost nothing
> ever landed in the released projects.

I personally think they failed because they were not willing to give up the
quite significant portions (20K LOC) of Flow that were in Fluid. All the DI,
Widget concept w/ controller implications, "the fluid way" of template file
locations etc.

But don't linger on those. *This* one isn't a failure!