[TYPO3-mvc] Harmonization and Streamlining of CMS Fluid and FLOW Fluid

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Mar 25 14:01:49 CET 2015

Hi Bastian ,

Bastian Waidelich wrote:

>>[...]
>> Let us not force our decisions about MVC, forms, controllers,
>> validation, messaging, security etc. onto everyone else. We can
>> provide a secondary tool that does this "the TYPO3 way" but we
>> so very much should not try to force others to follow this way.
>
> For the record: I fully agree.

+1

> I could imagine a mechanism that allows for registering single
> ViewHelpers to be available in the "f" namespace.
> That way we could still provide a "compat" package/extension for a grace
> period.

Why should they be all in "f"?, IMHO registering more "default" namespaces
would make much more sense. Or does this already work (then it seriously
lacks documentation)?
Basically I do not what to register all namespaces for each partial.

> BTW: I just stumbled upon yet another effort from Google Summer Of Code
> 2013: https://github.com/Puja0708/GSoC-TYPO3.Base (and
> https://github.com/Puja0708/GSoCNew-TYPO3.Fluid as Flow adapter).
> I didn't really look into the code, but it's astonishing that we have so
> many independent takes on this. Let's collaborate! ;)

I always wondered what happened to all those GSoC projects. Almost nothing
ever landed in the released projects.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!