[TYPO3-mvc] Harmonization and Streamlining of CMS Fluid and FLOW Fluid

Markus Klein klein.t3 at reelworx.at
Mon Mar 23 19:22:20 CET 2015

> Hi Claus and Markus,
>
> Claus Due wrote:
>
> > I did take a look and here is a short list of framework-specific
> > components on which the `f:form` scope depends:
>
> And therefore should be part of the package that provides the logic to the
> viewhelpers, thus whatever Flow package this is, in CMS this would be the
> extbase package (extension). The viewhelpers are useless without extbase
> and thus should be part of extbase and not part of the template engine.
>
> In the special case of extbase, it might make sense to decouple even more
> and put them into a dedicated form package, because extbase does to much
> in one package (DI, Models, Controllers, Repositories, Mapping, Request
> Handling).
>
> So yes, please go ahead and move all viewhelpers that cannot be used with a
> standalone fluid.
>
> As a rule of thumb, I would say that a viewhelper should be ship the the
> package that is required by the viewhelper.
Well this is exactly one thing that I dislike and which was the initial kickoff topic for this thread: We don't want implementations for Fluid (in CMS and Flow) to drift apart - especially syntax-wise/seminatically. So for instance a f:form.checkbox VH should work the same way in both products, ie to avoid the autofocus attribute being a string in one product and bool in the other.
Therefore it was my intention to make them as in independent of the product as possible, so we can maintain them centrally.

Think of the user again here: A user will be confused if the same VH works differently in Flow/CMS.

Of course I understand that the dependencies are strong currently of some VHs, but I'd suggest to introduce sensible Interfaces for those needed services, so every product can use the standalone Fluid. If a product does not need the default form viewhelpers it does not have to provide the required services. Some services could even be shipped with standalone Fluid, like some hashing service.

So for the form VHs we would need to look into detail which information is actually needed and how those can be combined in as few as possible Interfaces.
The more we provide strong defaults with standalone Fluid, the better maintainability will be for all products using Fluid.

> Best regards
> --
> Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065 – TYPO3 UG Bonn/Köln Documentation
> – Active contributor TYPO3 CMS
> TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!

Kind regards
Markus