[TYPO3-mvc] Harmonization and Streamlining of CMS Fluid and FLOW Fluid

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Mar 23 18:30:54 CET 2015

Hi Claus and Markus,

Claus Due wrote:

> I did take a look and here is a short list of framework-specific
> components on which the `f:form` scope depends:

And therefore should be part of the package that provides the logic to the
viewhelpers, thus whatever Flow package this is, in CMS this would be the
extbase package (extension). The viewhelpers are useless without extbase and
thus should be part of extbase and not part of the template engine.

In the special case of extbase, it might make sense to decouple even more
and put them into a dedicated form package, because extbase does to much in
one package (DI, Models, Controllers, Repositories, Mapping, Request
Handling).

So yes, please go ahead and move all viewhelpers that cannot be used with a
standalone fluid.

As a rule of thumb, I would say that a viewhelper should be ship the the
package that is required by the viewhelper.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!