[TYPO3-mvc] Displaying and modifying session data on same page

Chris Wolff - AERTiCKET AG cwolff at aer.de
Wed Jun 3 14:26:02 CEST 2015

Hi Jan,
if you have the option you should go for Signal/Slot.

Signal/Slot and hooks do basically the same. They give you the option to run your own code at certain points.

Signal/slot is a bit nicer as it provides and general interface which stays the same for every signal.
And provide dependency injection.

Hook are the legacy way of doing things. every hook function uses a different interface. therefore
You need to look at the code which calls the hook to understand what you will be getting.
You could read about hooks here:
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/ApiOverview/Hooks/Concept/Index.html

to my knowledge there is no "overview" of all hooks + signals typo3 provides.

Which makes it a bit hard to find the correct one for your case.

Regards chris