[TYPO3-mvc] Repository does not always insert values

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Jun 3 12:40:30 CEST 2015

Hey Wim!

Wim wrote:
> Thanks everyone for your replies.
> It has become clear to me that the problem lays in the fact that the TCA is not loaded in an eID-context.
> I tried to load the specific repository, but I did not succeed.
> For instance with statement:
> EidUtility::initTCA()

It is quite tricky to correctly replicate the bootstrap in eID context
to a point where you can safely use Extbase (or similar high level things)

> To solve the problem: I do the retrieval and update actions in an eID-context with my own sql-statements.

That is the only valid use case for eID scripts: plain SQL statements or
other *very* low level operations.

For any other I always recommend to use:

http://insight.helhum.io/post/104880845705/dont-use-eid-ajax-dispatchers-for-your-extbase

It is easy to use and it works without issues. Give it a try …

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel