[TYPO3-mvc] Multiple Model Handling

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:33:32 CET 2015

Hi, Stefan

> i have a little question. I have some multiple similar models like user,
> contact, admin etc. Then I have a model company. And every company could
> have many users, many contacts and one admin. I try now to use only one base
> model for example user with the base properties and the other model extend
> this base model with the additional fields. But I don't get it to work in
> backend form. How does the tca config has to look for?

You need to take a closer look at TCA types [1] and then make them use in Extbase subclasses and recordType [2].
So, then, depending on value from your type-field a BE form will show desired configured set of fields and Extabse will instantiate a correct class instance.

[1]: http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/6.2/Reference/Types/Index.html
[2]: https://gist.github.com/t3dev/812499