[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase migration 1.3 -> 6.2

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri May 2 12:02:09 CEST 2014

Hi Jan,

> Sure it is cleaner to rewrite the code to use the GeneralUtility Class,
> but just for my intereset: Will the use of "t3lib_div::xyz" cause
> entries in deprecation_log?

If you search how this "aliasing" is done, you'll find a file
typo3/sysext/core/Migrations/Code/LegacyClassesForIde.php and (in our case):

/**
 * @deprecated since 6.0 will be removed in 7.0
 */
class t3lib_div extends \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility {}

so no, there will be no deprecation log entry. Your IDE should show you
that the class is deprecated, that's all.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
TYPO3 CMS Team Member