[TYPO3-mvc] Extbase migration 1.3 -> 6.2

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Fri May 2 11:55:14 CEST 2014

Hi Xavier,

>> But some Classes have been remove. For example "t3lib_div"
>
> True: the class has been removed.
>
> Wrong: you have to change your code.
>
> Rationale is that we created an alias for t3lib_div to
> \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility so that you may still use
> "t3lib_div::whatever()" just as before, even though the "class has been
> namespaced".

Yes, that's what i've recognized last night and therefore my question
now is the following:

Sure it is cleaner to rewrite the code to use the GeneralUtility Class,
but just for my intereset: Will the use of "t3lib_div::xyz" cause
entries in deprecation_log?

And another question: I've successfully migrated my first extbase
extension from 1.3 to 6.2 and even modified my classes to be
namespaced. But what about api calls like the following:

Tx_Extbase_Utility_Localization::translate()
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Utility\LocalizationUtility::translate()

Although having changed any api calls to the namespaced version my
question here is again: Will the use of the non namespaced calls log to
deprecation_log?

Kind regards, Jan