[TYPO3-mvc] How to use a foreign database in a new Extbase extension?

Giovanni Romero Pérez ultrabyte at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:10:28 CET 2014

Hi, everybody.

I have a MySQL database different to the TYPO3 one; that database doesn't follow any convention about the table or field names. I need to develop an Extbase extension in order to query, insert and update registers from that database. My question is: How can I do that?

I consulted on IRC and I suggested to using Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Storage_BackendInterface. I also read about Typo3DbBackend and DataMapper, but I don't know how to use them.

I'd appreciate your help. Thank you.