[TYPO3-mvc] disabling property validation for a given action

Ivano Luberti luberti at archicoop.it
Tue Jul 15 10:32:48 CEST 2014

Hi list, I have concerns about implementing validation in my project.
I have a model object with each property annotated for validation.
When I use it in a form in action1 using default validation and showing
standard validation messages is ok.
But when I use it in action2 I need to customize validation messages: to
be precise I want to eliminate the standard messages and add new ones.

The ideal solution would be to disable property validation for a given
action and use only a customized validator. But I cannot  find a way to
to do this.

Other approaches I'm evaluating are:

1) delete property validation annotations and use always a customized
validator: it does not seem a clean solution but could work.

2) rewrite errorAction to overwrite error messages and customize them: I
don't like this way because I should put logic in the errorAction to
behave differently depending on referring request action

Any suggestion?

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa