[TYPO3-mvc] eID, extbase, ajaxDispatcher, template not found

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Jul 1 12:38:01 CEST 2014

Hi!

On 01.07.14 12:22, Chris Wolff - AERTiCKET AG wrote:

> the Typo3 Page Rendering ist slow. (if the result does not come from cache).

But it comes from cache after the first hit.

> As AJAX Responses Are usually not Cashable. You have to Deal with the whole typo3 Page rendering.

If the action itself isn't cachable, it does not mean that the rest
cannot be cached.

> This means thinks like:
> * (Database Lookups for RealURL/CoolURI Lookup) if you don't call the Page by ID

Did you measure the overhead here? It was pretty low during my tests.

> * Initalising a lot of classes (typo3 Core).

Same here. Instantiating classes is pretty cheap.

> * Parsing Typoscript Tree.

Will be cached after first hit.

> * Initalizising the Extbase Framework

Well, if you need to call an Exbase action via Ajax, then this is of
course a price you have to pay.

> * Initalizising the your Plugin. To render the Response.

Same here.

> eID On the Opposite:
> * initalisized the Pure minimum of Classes.
> * Loades your eID Class.

I know :)

> if your eID Script has some simple Tasks an is not Dependent on extbase it is superfast.

Well, yes of course.

> Like doing a simple SELECT statement on the database and return the result.

True. If you need to optimize that much or have a simple case where you
do not need anything but a DB connection or a simple FE user, eID is the
way to go; sure!

But *if* you need a page (TSFE) or even TypoScript, bootstrapping all
this in your eID script is hard to get right. You end up with C&P almost
all of the code in TSFE, which at best slows down your request to a
regular page request level which never will be cached (so it is slow for
every request), at worst you end up with broken code that will also
break regular requests (as wrong things could get cached for your page).

* "Normal" code with dependencies to TypoScript: typoscript_rendering[1]

:)

Kind regards,
Helmut

[1]https://github.com/helhum/typoscript_rendering