[TYPO3-mvc] documentation, and example exbase m:n relation query

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Jul 1 11:55:12 CEST 2014

Hi!

On 30.06.14 09:12, Muriel le Pair wrote:

> Strange... maybe I should rephrase my question, because I just can't
> imagine that it's not possible in extbase.
>
> How you you select all records from the main table where n:m has value 2?

If you have an entity e.g. "News" and it has a property "categories"
which is an m:n relation to "Category" entities, then you could do the
following in your "NewsRepository":

public function findByCategory($category) {
   $query = $this->createQuery();
   $constraint = $query->contains('categories', $category);
   return $query->matching($constraint)->execute();
}

While $category could either be an integer (uid) or an object of type
"Category" entity.

HTH

Kind regards,
Helmut