[TYPO3-mvc] encrypd cookies in TYPO3

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Fri Dec 19 21:26:41 CET 2014

Hey Muriel,

On 19.12.14 16:08, Muriel le Pair wrote:

> Philipp Gampe schreef op 19-12-14 15:30:
>> There are no such functions, because they do not make sense.

I disagree, that it does not make sense to encrypt cookie values.

But indeed there is nothing related to that in TYPO3 core.

> Maybe I'm over paranoid, it's not that I want to store sensitive
> information it's just that I don't want to store any information that
> makes any sense.

It is a good practice to encrypt cookie values. Since there are no
methods for that in TYPO3, just use e.g. mcrypt with a good secret when
storing and retrieving cookie values. I would suggest that you write a
small wrapper class for that yourself.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--