[TYPO3-mvc] Extension with multiple languages

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 11 12:39:10 CET 2014

Hi,

On 10/12/2014 11:18, bernd wilke wrote:
> Am 10.12.14 10:27, schrieb RAKIBI Anass:
>> Thank you so much for answering me .Well ,the extension was created
>> using Extbase , so you may have now an Idea on my ext-structure . Is
>> there any tutorial I could follow ? or would you like to clarify your
>> solution in more details .
>
> then your language files should be located only in
> /Resources/Private/Language/
> and it should be .xlf files
>
> therefore you should use translations in
> /typo3conf/l10n/<lang_key>/<ext_key>/Resources/Private/Language/
> with the same name than the original prefixed with the lang_key

If it's your own extension you can simply put the translated XLIFF files
next to the ones of the default language (English). Just use the
language prefix (e.g. de.locallang.xlf for the German translation of
locallang.xlf)

More info about language handling:

http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3/articles/managing-localization-files.html

--