[TYPO3-mvc] Mix Extbase Database Queries with raw query parts

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at d-mind.de
Mon Dec 1 19:13:23 CET 2014

Hi,

I want to filter and sort Extbase elements. So far so good.

But I have some computations (parts of the filter and ordering-parts)
that I would like to have done on the database.
Is there a way to use the Extbase DBAL in parts of the query while using
raw MySQL-computations in others?

Specifically the filter could look like:

$q->logicalAnd(
   $fulltextsearchConstraints,
   $categoryConstraints,
   $geolocationConstraints
)->execute()

where the first 2 are Extbase-constraints while a $geolocationConstraint
is some complex calculation of the distance of a 'record' from a given
point that needs to be done by the database.

Then the ordering:
$q->setOrderings(
   array(
     $sortByDistance => QueryInterface::ORDER_ASCENDING
   )
)
where $sortByDistance should again be a database computation.

I have not found any such possibility here
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/ExtbaseFluidBook/6-Persistence/3-implement-individual-database-queries.html
but there might be nonetheless.

If there is none, I would just switch completely to
repository->createQuery->statement('SELECT a FROM b'). I'd like to ask
first to see if there are better ways to handle that.

Regards,
Jonas

--
Neu: Portal Region Stuttgart - www.region-stuttgart.de