[TYPO3-mvc] Caching problem with start page content rendered through an Extbase Extension

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Apr 30 01:22:01 CEST 2014

Hi Felix!

On 27.04.14 23:57, Felix Nagel wrote:

> I've added my plugin parameters to cHashRequiredParameters and set pageNotFoundOnCHashError = 1. When now calling a link with wrong cHash a 404 is thrown.
>
> When no cHash (parameter missing) or an empty cHash (...&cHash=) is set I would expect a 404 to be thrown too

Correct.

> but the correct page for the given parameters is shown.

That's strange. I assume you have a typo in the parameters.

> I would assume that adding the given parameters to cHashRequiredParameters prevents TYPO3 from caching the current request (with missing / empty cHash) or even throw a 404 (depending on pageNotFoundOnCHashError).

You get a 404 or caching is disabled depending on your setting of
pageNotFoundOnCHashError

tx_news_pi1[news],tx_news_pi1[action],tx_news_pi1[controller]

> Is it expected that an empty or missing cHash parameter does not trigger a 404? Or did I miss something regarding how the caching works?

You got it right and it works for me that way.

What TYPO3 version are you using?
Can you re-check for typos in the paramters? Or can you even post the
configuration here?

E.g. I have the following config on a page where I use news:

tx_news_pi1[news],tx_news_pi1[action],tx_news_pi1[controller]

Now when I call any URL that contains either of these parameters, then I
get:

Page Not Found
Reason: Request parameters could not be validated (&cHash empty)

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel