[TYPO3-mvc] New property mapper and demand object

Eike Starkmann starkmann at undkonsorten.com
Wed Oct 9 11:25:49 CEST 2013

Hi Helmut,

thanks for your answer.

On 08.10.2013 18:37, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> Hi Eike,
>
> On 08.10.13 12:08, Eike Starkmann wrote:
>
>> I know that i have to allow the property to be build. My code:
>
> So you have set the property mapping configuration and still get the
> exception?
Yes.

>> So what is the problem here? Why do i even have to allow demand.subject
>> to be created? Demand is an value object which is never persisted and
>> just used as DTO.
>
> Well, does your DTO extends from AbstractEntity or AbstractValueObject?
> If so, your demand object is treated as persistent object and mapping
> for persistent objects is not allowed by default for security reasons.
It extends AbstractValueObject. Thats why i wonder why i need create rights.

> Unfortunately the property mapper cannot map non persistent objects at
> all in all released versions (6.1 or lower), because the (plain)
> ObjectConverter was added recently.
I'm using Typ03 6.1.5. So the ObjectConverter is the problem?

> But you can add your own TypeConverter very easily by copying the class
> from current master (and changing the namespace) or writing your own
> TypeConverter for your demand objects.

A short summary just to make clear that i got everything right:

Mapping and AbstractValueObject is not possible due to the
ObjectConverter (for some reason) but you can make it work by adding you
own TypeConverter to the mapping configuration of the AbstractValueObject.

Kind regards, Eike