[TYPO3-mvc] New property mapper and demand object

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Oct 8 18:37:30 CEST 2013

Hi Eike,

On 08.10.13 12:08, Eike Starkmann wrote:

> I know that i have to allow the property to be build. My code:

So you have set the property mapping configuration and still get the
exception?

> So what is the problem here? Why do i even have to allow demand.subject
> to be created? Demand is an value object which is never persisted and
> just used as DTO.

Well, does your DTO extends from AbstractEntity or AbstractValueObject?
If so, your demand object is treated as persistent object and mapping
for persistent objects is not allowed by default for security reasons.

Unfortunately the property mapper cannot map non persistent objects at
all in all released versions (6.1 or lower), because the (plain)
ObjectConverter was added recently.

But you can add your own TypeConverter very easily by copying the class
from current master (and changing the namespace) or writing your own
TypeConverter for your demand objects.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--