[TYPO3-mvc] Newline in XLIFF language files

Thomas Hucke thucke at web.de
Mon Mar 4 19:33:59 CET 2013

Hallo Xavier,

puh - that was absolutely perfect background information. Thank you a lot!
Unfortunately regardless of the spaces and linefeeds in the resulting source
code the output was still one line.

My analysis brought me to a solution.
I seemed to me that I have to use the html tag <br/> to force linebreaks in
my output. But obviously the argument htmlEscape="false" did not work.
I figured out that already the parser filtered all html tags in my XLF file.
Found that standard PHPs SimpleXMLElement is used to parse all XML files - a
shot google search was a heart shot.

My original XLF entry was

   <trans-unit id="fluid.layout.default.anonymousVoting"
xml:space="preserve" approved="yes">
    <note>Forwarded arguments: None</note>
    <source>Your are an anonymous user.<br/>You may log on to do
personalized votings<br/>></source>
   </trans-unit>

Now I figured out that I have to put my entry into CDATA section:

   <trans-unit id="fluid.layout.default.anonymousVoting"
xml:space="preserve" approved="yes">
    <note>Forwarded arguments: None</note>
    <source><![CDATA[Your are an anonymous user.<br/>You may log on to do
personalized votings<br/>]]></source>
   </trans-unit>

Then using htmlEscape="false" in my template all works as I wanted.
BTW: I´m using Typo3 4.7

Perhaps someone having a similar challenge stumbles upon this description.

Thank you all
Thomas

"Xavier Perseguers"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1362339246.14027.typo3-project-typo3v4mvc at lists.typo3.org...

Hi,

The Extension Builder does not support it out-of-the-box but the correct
definition of a XLIFF label is:

<trans-unit id="activity_classification.details" xml:space="preserve">

(xml:space="preserve")

Example:

<trans-unit id="activity_classification.details" xml:space="preserve">
<source>The following link shows a table listing national
classifications for which basic information is available:

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/cr/ctryreg/ctrylist2.asp?rg=7

In 1996, the Swiss Federal Statistical Office released a program (KUBB)
to help users of the General Classification of Economic Activities
(NOGA) to find the codes corresponding to a given economical activity.

By entering keywords into the KUBB program's search tool, users are able
to quickly find the exact NOGA code that corresponds to a given activity.

Link to the KUBB 2008 (free):
http://www.kubb2008.bfs.admin.ch/?lang=en</source>

This is the correct way of doing it. Here the example is from a _csh
file, did not check with the Fluid translation VH but if it does not
work, it's a bug that should get fixed.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers