[TYPO3-mvc] Newline in XLIFF language files

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sun Mar 3 20:34:05 CET 2013

Hi,

The Extension Builder does not support it out-of-the-box but the correct
definition of a XLIFF label is:

<trans-unit id="activity_classification.details" xml:space="preserve">

(xml:space="preserve")

Example:

<trans-unit id="activity_classification.details" xml:space="preserve">
	<source>The following link shows a table listing national
classifications for which basic information is available:

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/cr/ctryreg/ctrylist2.asp?rg=7

	In 1996, the Swiss Federal Statistical Office released a program (KUBB)
to help users of the General Classification of Economic Activities
(NOGA) to find the codes corresponding to a given economical activity.

By entering keywords into the KUBB program's search tool, users are able
to quickly find the exact NOGA code that corresponds to a given activity.

Link to the KUBB 2008 (free):
http://www.kubb2008.bfs.admin.ch/?lang=en</source>

This is the correct way of doing it. Here the example is from a _csh
file, did not check with the Fluid translation VH but if it does not
work, it's a bug that should get fixed.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers