[TYPO3-mvc] Documentation

eggbert at phez.com eggbert at phez.com
Fri Jun 28 11:25:36 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I agree with you in all of your points, Daniel!

Up to date information on current releases is scattered all over the web and
many times really hard to find.

Plus there are so many official places to look for information:
- TYPO3 Documentation http://typo3.org/documentation/
- TYPO3 Wiki http://wiki.typo3.org/
- TYOP3 Forge http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/
thank you very much for your support)!

And of course the inofficial sources like blogs, forums etc.

I mean I had to go through so many docs, forums, wikis and such just to find
out what to do in order to get a simple MM relation working...I've worked
with other frameworks like Yii and Cake where these easy things are either
explained in the official docs or the official forums.

I am currently working on a t3 extension again (after about 1.5 years from
the last one). It's really no big complicated project (5 tables) but I
(again) observe that I use most of my time looking up how to do stuff (with
the latest version of the framework). I feel like the actual coding only
takes a fraction of the total time.

I think if there was only one central place for documentation it would make
things much easier for everybody. Also if this place was easily maintainable
the docs could be more up to date. I personally really like the Media Wiki
system (http://wiki.typo3.org/). It is widely known, thus easily usable and
maintainable. Sorry, but in comparison the Forge Wiki (which the Extbase
entry on wiki.typo3.org points to) seems to be more like a joke...

I do want to contribute, tell me where and how...

Best regards,
Felix