[TYPO3-mvc] validation problem

Stefan Kruse besucher80 at gmx.de
Mon Feb 11 07:57:09 CET 2013

Hello and good morning,

I have a registration form. There, I've also included a validation. There is
also the E-mail field. But I have written their own validator to check
whether the e-mail already exists in the database. If the e-mail address
already exists, an error with $ this-> addError (); generated. Now to my
question: Can I receive the error message also bind to a property. So I
would like that the error is tied to the email property. Because at the
moment is such that if an error occurs, the error message appears at the
top. I resent that. I read somewhere that:
$ this-> result-> addError ('fgsdgsfgdg', 34134141234) -> forProperty
('email').
But that does not work.

Would be nice if someone could give me a tip.

Thanks for the help
Stefan