[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid: Fallback paths for templates

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Aug 7 11:27:22 CEST 2013

Bastian Waidelich wrote:

> Here is a first attempt:
> https://review.typo3.org/#q,I530e9a1fadbbd210c980c62cf2022c38fa81bb56,n,z

Thanks for the many reviews! Unfortunately I had to push a new patch set
to ensure that '@controller' is replaced correctly. I also added 8 more
tests covering all kinds of (theoretical) scenarios.

Please vote again so we can merge and back port this asap:
https://review.typo3.org/#q,I530e9a1fadbbd210c980c62cf2022c38fa81bb56,n,z

Regarding the backport we should agree on how we want to define the
conventions. For example if the ExtensionBuilder code templates[1]
should be adjusted to use "templateRootPaths" etc.

I'd propose following conventions:
Keep defaults but suggest (= document) the following scenarios:

1. Change 3rd party extension templates (as before):

# loads all templates of "original_extension" from
Resources/Private/Templates of "my_extension"
tx_originalextension {
	templateRootPath = EXT:myextension/Resources/Private/Templates
}

2. Change a subset of the 3rd party extension templates:

# loads all templates of "original_extension" from
Resources/Private/Templates of "my_extension" or "original_extension" if
it wasn't found
tx_originalextension {
	templateRootPaths {
		tx_myextension = EXT:myextension/Resources/Private/Templates
		tx_originalextension = EXT:originalextension/Resources/Private/Templates

(with proper English and possibly better examples).

[1]
https://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/extension_builder.git/blob/HEAD:/Resources/Private/CodeTemplates/Extbase/Configuration/TypoScript/setup.txt

--
Bastian Waidelich