[TYPO3-mvc] BE module RTE usage

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Thu Sep 20 11:21:57 CEST 2012

Hi Philipp,

> Have a look at the thread "using htmlarea rte for fluid textarea
> field" that is just parallel to yours. There is no specific viewhelper
> for this, but you can use the code at
> http://forge.typo3.org/attachments/3579/RteViewHelper.php
> http://www.in2code.de/community/snippet-datenbank/snippets/detail/rte-
> viewhelper/

I already found those ViewHelpers, but both versions seem to be for FE
plugins. Do you mean to use them as a base for an own BE view helper
(replacing TSFE part), or can I use them directly for the BE?

> BTW there are not many BE viewhelper and the whole extbase BE stuff is
> still a little bit experimental. In general it is better to stick to
> the TYPO3 modules for editing content. You might want to have a look
> at 6.0-dev which ships with several extbase BE modules, but none has
> an RTE field. Cheers

Do you mean the Web->List module (where I get my RTE) or do you mean to
let the List module do the editing while being encapsuled in my BE
module? Actually all I want is a custom field which behaves exactly the
same as an entry from standard content table.

Do I understand you right: The BE part of extbase is currently very
basic (and even might change in future) and it's a better strategy to
concentrate on other parts, like FE plugins at the moment? I could live
with that, at least, if there is hope for a more comfortable future.

Thanks for your help,

Thomas