[TYPO3-mvc] BE module RTE usage

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Sep 20 10:17:50 CEST 2012

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Skierlo wrote:

> With this settings I am getting the RTE in the standard List module, but
> not in the extension's own one. I could not find any "BE textarea w. RTE
> view helper", so hopefully there is a better way to do it.

Have a look at the thread "using htmlarea rte for fluid textarea field" that
is just parallel to yours.

There is no specific viewhelper for this, but you can use the code at
http://forge.typo3.org/attachments/3579/RteViewHelper.php

http://www.in2code.de/community/snippet-datenbank/snippets/detail/rte-
viewhelper/

BTW there are not many BE viewhelper and the whole extbase BE stuff is still
a little bit experimental. In general it is better to stick to the TYPO3
modules for editing content.
You might want to have a look at 6.0-dev which ships with several extbase BE
modules, but none has an RTE field.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!