[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid/Extbase and long term operation

Robert Schneider r.schneider at artworx.at
Wed Sep 5 16:29:34 CEST 2012

Hi,

how can I manage this: In the backend a user should start an import
operation that may take quite a time. I would like to inform the user
about the process somehow. I just don't know how.

AFAIK with Fluid/Extbase a page will be passed to the browser if it is
completly rendered. This has two problems: The php call runs out and
generally the user gets a feedback too late. He cannot distinguish if
anything is still going on or if an error occured and the request will
never end.

How could I deal with this? What can I do if I use Fluid and Extbase?
Any ideas?

Regards,
Robert