[TYPO3-mvc] Extension "news" and RealUrl

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:49:11 CEST 2012

Hello,

I can't figure out how to make nice URL for the "news" extension and
RealUrl. This what I would like:

   - one unique page "mypage" for everything (list view and single view)
   - list view URL: http://example.com/mypage/
   - single view URL: http://example.com/mypage/view/my-news-title

Of course, I read the wiki
page<http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-news/wiki/RealURL>,
and previous post<http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-typo3v4mvc/2011-December/011227.html>on
this list. But I couldn't figure out the the correct combination and I
end up with non-working URL or similar to:

   -
   http://example.com/mypage/view/my-news-title?tx_news_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=News&tx_news_pi1%5Baction%5D=detail

I would love to have suggestions about the following options I found and
that I think are related to this problem:

   - In EM manager for "news"
      - List actions shown in Flexforms
      - Dynamic GETvar enhancement <= this one is really obscure to me
   - In "News system" plugin settings
      - What to display
   - ReaUrl configuration

I tried both "simple" and "advanced" example of wiki, but none of them
worked perfectly. Especially, the advanced seems to be the one I need to
use, but it produce URL without "controller" part and I end up with a list
of news, instead of single news.

I tried to dig in "news" code, and found Tx_News_Hooks_PreprocessRequest
which may be of some use in my case (set default controller and action),
but it looks like $vars is always empty...

Any thoughts ?

TIA,

Adrien