[TYPO3-mvc] DateOfBirth in a form field

Robert Schneider r.schneider at artworx.at
Tue Jul 31 17:58:44 CEST 2012

I've have found it out by myself after hours. The correct usage in fluid
(at least in Typ3 4.7.1) is:

<f:form.textfield property="dateOfBirth"
value="{f:format.date(format:'d.m.Y', date: '{user.dateOfBirth}')}" />

I didn't know, that the value attribute is used. I thought that the use
of property would ignore the name and the value attribute.

However, the field is not declared in
Tx_Extbase_Domain_Model_FrontendUser. I don't know why. So I have added
it to my derived class:

/**
  * Date of birth
  *
  * @var DateTime
  */
protected $dateOfBirth;

/**
* Sets the dateOfBirth
*
* @param DateTime $dateOfBirth
*
* @return void
*/
public function setDateOfBirth($dateOfBirth) {
   $this->dateOfBirth = $dateOfBirth;
}

/**
* Returns the dateOfBirth
*
* @return DateTime $dateOfBirth
*/
public function getDateOfBirth() {
   return $this->dateOfBirth;
}

And I have declared it for the TCA in ext_tables.php:

'date_of_birth' => array(
   'exclude' => 0,
   'label' =>
'LLL:EXT:myextension/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xlf:tx_myderivedclass.date_of_birth',
   'config' => array(
     'type' => 'input',
     'size' => 10,
     'eval' => 'date',
     'checkbox' => 0,
     'default' => time()
   ),
),

and extended this:

$TCA['fe_users']['types']['Tx_Psa_PsaUser']['showitem'] .= "date_of_birth";

I hope this helps anyone. At least, I'm so glad that it works now.

This was my help:
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-typo3v4mvc/2011-May/009558.html

Regards,
Robert