[TYPO3-mvc] Template path overlays - new extension "View" for 6.0

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Thu Dec 6 09:59:46 CET 2012

Hi Jigal,

> Upload to TER is not a functionality for an administrator. That will go (or is already present) in extdeveval.

Extdeveval - the ancient pi_base extension. Is the only way to upload to TER from the new Extbase-converted TYPO3. You are just trolling, right? ;)

FYI: upload is not a feature in extdeveval currently. Nor is the comparison of current files against current TER versions. But both features have been harshly removed from 6.0 already.

>> To my knowledge there is currently zero options to do these two things on
>> a 6.0 site. Not in the core and not through any extension in existence. Sad
>> decision, that one.
>
> Some decisions are forced by the combination of the time available, the amount of priority issues and the manpower available. This doesn't mean that things can't change in the near future...

I just can't believe that seeing which files have been changed, and uploading exts to TER, are not "priority issues" and in fact are so low priority that we would just delete them completely and not even advertise it in the release notes. The only hint to this is that the new EM purpotedly "focuses on integration and management of extensions". I could go on...

I also can't believe we - everybody, the whole community - would just point to some ancient pi_base extension which doesn't even have the necessary feature and is currently BROKEN on 6.0! Really, you can't make this shit up!

But I digress. Please excuse my rant, everybody.

Cheers,
Claus