[TYPO3-mvc] Template path overlays - new extension "View" for 6.0

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 6 07:05:06 CET 2012

Hi,

On 5-12-2012 18:11, Claus Due wrote:
>> and i don't think i can do, unless the EM gets back it's "changed files" views :(
> Then I have bad news for you.
> EM will never get this view back, I heard. Nor will it ever be able to upload
> to TER again.

Showing that files are changed (and maybe even which files) is useful
for non developers too. It helps to decide if an upgrade can be done
right away or if a developer needs to check the modifications first. The
6.0 Release Team may very well decide to bring that information in the EM.

Upload to TER is not a functionality for an administrator. That will go
(or is already present) in extdeveval.

> To my knowledge there is currently zero options to do these two things on
> a 6.0 site. Not in the core and not through any extension in existence. Sad
> decision, that one.

Some decisions are forced by the combination of the time available, the
amount of priority issues and the manpower available. This doesn't mean
that things can't change in the near future...

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!