[TYPO3-mvc] Template path overlays - new extension "View" for 6.0

Claus Due claus at wildside.dk
Wed Dec 5 21:11:59 CET 2012

Hi Stefano - and everybody else of course,

An update on the EXT:view thing:

>> ah.. unluckily i can't upgrade to 6.0
>
> Bummer :(
>
> But don't despair. I am right now investigating how to hack this View into
> 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7 too.

> Will let you know how that turns out.

Success. I hope. Could you try https://github.com/NamelessCoder/view.git on
your setup? Should work all the way back to 4.5 but I'm a little short on test
setups at the moment. I had to deepen the class inheritance by one additional
virtual parent class (two on 4.x) and one virtual parent interface (two on 4.x) but
it shouldn't be a huge performance impact all in all.

I think tomorrow I will try the same stunt on EXT:uncache (which you may also
find handy - see https://github.com/NamelessCoder/uncache - there's a TER
version too).

Cheers,
Claus