[TYPO3-mvc] How can I give content to a ViewHelper when using alternative syntax?

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 3 16:43:39 CEST 2012

On 2012-08-03 01:15, Claus Due wrote:
> On Aug 3, 2012, at 12:45 AM, Claus Due <claus at wildside.dk> wrote:
> Note that you cannot use the inline syntax for f:link.page as the tag content is NOT possible to specify using an argument but MUST be placed as tag content of f:link.page - unfortunately. Maybe you can also make a standard link like you normally would in the RTE and enter in your URL:
>
> {f:uri.page(pageUid: nameOfPageUidVariable)}
>
> (but I haven't tested that; TYPO3 URL treatment may not like this).

I don't know why, but the link button is disabled in the RTE for the
Powermail submit page. So I assumed links are not directly supported.

However, I tried to insert them in the code view, and, voila, it works.

But it doesn't really work. The link title is not problematic now, but
the target page ID. If I put {pageUid} there, TYPO3 will mark it as an
invalid link (as the page with that literal ID is non-existent).
So I can make it an *external* link, which will work, but has other
negative implications (no RealURL, ...).

I also outlined the whole of the issue on SO:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11797787/how-can-i-render-a-link-on-a-powermail-confirmation-submit-page

Thanks again for your help
Oliver